Error creating connection

Oct 10, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Can you give any advice for this error?

---------------------------
Error
Error while retrieving organizations : Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
OK  

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM

I have the same problem.

Any news ?

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Not really :/

Which version of Windows are you using? Have you installer Microsoft Identity framework on your computer?

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I am getting connection errors as well. "Error: Error while retrieving solutions: ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized."

This is our prod environment and I would expect more security, but I've tried all of the connection types (SSL, IFD and Online) and none seem to work.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM

This is the same error that I am receiving when trying to connect. Suggestions?

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Questions for both of you: is Windows Identity Framework is installed on your computer?

If yes, I will need the information you specified to connect to the environment. Also tell me what is the type of server (OnPremise, IFD or Online)

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I am also getting the "Error: Error while retrieving solutions: ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized." error.

I was using a self-signed certificate so I bought a proper SSL certificate but I still get the above error.

Trying to use with an on-premise setup with IFD enabled.

My connection in RibbonEditor is set to "Use IFD".

server: name.domain.com

port:444

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM

I had the same error "Error: Error while retrieving solutions: ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized." using on my computer Ribbon Editor to connect to a CRM 2011 on Premise server width IFD and SSL.

I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition on my computer

I'use a CRM System Administator and Deployment Administrator Account.

Can any one has an idea.

thx a lot.

May 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Hi tanguy92,

do you have any updates on this issue? I have checked your code, and there seems to be an error in the ConnectionManager.cs. The code does not request the password from the user - if the IFD is checked and therefore - a blank password is sent in the ClientCredentials object.

Cheers

Peter

Coordinator
May 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Hi,

I'm aware about this issue and I have the solution ready. Just need to publish it.

As you might know, there is some excellent new tools even better than mine to manage ribbons (see my latest blog article : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com)

So I'm still considering going on or stopping this project.

May 4, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Hi,

I still prefer the solution, where I do not have to install anything to the dev machine and I can keep it as clean as possible. And that applies for Sitemap editing as well as RibbonXML editing. So count me in as loyal user of your tools.

I appreciate all your effort with these tools. Thank you.

Peter

Jun 11, 2012 at 11:09 AM
pmalecka wrote:

Hi,

I still prefer the solution, where I do not have to install anything to the dev machine and I can keep it as clean as possible. And that applies for Sitemap editing as well as RibbonXML editing. So count me in as loyal user of your tools.

I appreciate all your effort with these tools. Thank you.

Peter

So true Peter.